Payoneer is a paypal alternative. is handing out USD 25 if you register today, just click the image and sign up. Well so far so good, but what is Payoneer all about, and what are the use cases ? That is what I am going to explain in this post.
I have been using Payoneer for 6 years now, I did change 3 cards already because they expire every two years. If you did follow 1o tips to land your first freelance jobs or 10 tips to post your first job you are wondering how to get paid if you land your first job. If you are from a country where you are luck enough to have paypal you could simply pay or get paid through paypal. If you are from an country that does not support paypal, and you do not want to get into wire transfers, because of the cost, time you have to wait or you simply do not want to reveal your information, then Payoneer is the right choice.
Payoneer is offering $ 25 to new members . Sign up Now !
How to get paid with Paypal Alternative Payoneer
Payoneer is used on all major freelance sites. I use it personally on Freelancer.com, once I make some money I simply withdraw the money to my Payoneer card for free. Then it takes a couple of days and I can get cash money on any ATM in the world that supports Mastercard. I also use it for private freelance jobs, all that the employer has to do is go to the Load Money page on Payoneer and then load money into my account. Once the money is in the account you can get withdraw it from any ATM. Employers on the other hand, can use it to pay freelancers who do not have paypal, apart from using it as a gift card, or for online purchases where privacy needs to be maintained.
Where can I use my Payoneer card
Once you have money in your card you can it in at least the following scenarios :
- ATM machines that support Mastercard, which is virtually everwhere
- Online with virtually every online payment gateway
- At your local store, you pay with your Payoneer card just like any other card issued locally at your bank.
Why should I use a Paypal Alternative like Payoneer card
- It is supported globally, unlike paypal which is not supported everywhere
- You can withdraw money and use the card everywhere, again this is not supported by paypal
- You do not need to have a bank account. Again Payoneer trumps here.
- If you want to protect your privacy. For example, you do not want big brother to know about every online transaction do you make, or you are buying products online that can be deemed of private nature. In this scenario it would be better to use a Payoneer card, as it wont reach your mailbox with the list of purchases you did.
- Supported on all major freelance sites.
In short, given that signup is free, and you get the card sent to you in regular mail for free, there is no reason for you not go ahead right now and sign up for your Payoneer card.
If you have any other scenarios or ideas about Payoneer, please share.